Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Portrait

 
Title: Real Life of C-Mo
Date Taken: 11-25-12
Camera: COOLPIX S1100pj
Shutter Speed: 1/20, 1/30 sec.
F-stop: 2.4, 4.8
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 4 mm, 14 mm
tripod: no, yes

 
The process I used for the portrait was simple yet took a lot of time to accomplish. I started first by finding a subject. Hanging out with friends one day, Collin willingly volunteered himself to be my guinea pig for the assingment. I took a solid black blanket to use as my background because I knew Collin wanted to incorporate some "sick threads." The lighting part of the portrait was the most difficult part. I orginally wanted to have some light come in from the window and use a mirror or white fabric to reflect the natural light but instead decided to cover the window completely with the blanket and use the room lighting and also a lamp to add extra light. Figuring out the angle I wanted to take the picture was a stuggle. I decided to take a picture from every possible angle of Collin's face in order to fix this. I wanted a closeup so that I could add some elements of photoshop, which I did with the picture on the right. I think the picture turned out great but after playing around a little with colors, I ended up really liking it in black and white. The black and white one is not as focused as the color one but I like it because it displays the fun that my friends and I all had acting like the paparazzi around Collin. If I could change one thing about my results, I wish that I would have chosen a lighter backdrop color or that I would have had Collin wear a lighter colored jacket. All and all I feel I was successful with the portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment