Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Night

Title: glowsticks
Date Taken: 11-30-12
Camera: COOLPIX S1100pj
Shutter Speed: 1 sec.
F-stop: 3.9
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 5 mm
Tripod: yes


Title: Lamp Post
Date Taken: 12-3-12
Camera: COOLPIX S1100pj
Shutter Speed: 1/6 sec.
F-stop: 4.1
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 8 mm
Tripod: no


My main goal for the night time photos was to get good focus and to show contrast between light and dark. Getting good focus, however, was a lot harder than it sounds. These pictures could use more focus, but they were by far the best ones that I took. My goal for the one with glowsticks was to show the movement and for it to look abstract. I kept the shutter open for a while so that it would capture the glowsticks being spun around everywhere. Then I edited the picture so that it was completely black in the background because there were little spots of light coming through my window. Also, I made the color more of a blue color so that it would pop more. When I took the picture of the lamp post, the wind was blowing a bow across the side of it. The focus was poor so I cloned it out but left just a little bit right under the light. I made the photo black and white. Then I played around with photoshop and completely took out the trees and light pole. Aside from the focus, I am happy with my results.






No comments:

Post a Comment